Skip to main content

MEET THE MUTTS: MR. BELVEDERE by Jayne Ormerod

We’ve never met a dog we didn’t love, and Mr. Belvedere is no exception. He is one of the starring mutts in To Fetch a Villain. He stopped by the blog today to chat with us about what he does when he's not chasing killers.

Tell us your name, breed, and which story you appear in. My name is Mr. Belvedere, and I’m a one-hundred-and-forty-pound Great Dane. My mom Darby Moore and I share our killer adventure in the story “Ruff Day.”
Give us four words that describe you and your personality. Cuddly. Gentle. Helpful. Hungry. Always hungry.
What is your job in the story? I help out mom at our dog store, Ruff Day Doggie Boutique, greeting customers and carrying items to the counter for them when they are ready to check out. She say’s I’m her best employee, and I work for kibble. (A lot of kibble, to be sure, but she still thinks I’m a bargain.)

Tell us about your favorite thing to do. Sit on mom’s lap while she pets me. But between you and me, she could do with a bigger lap. I don’t quite fit.

What do you always help your human with? As mentioned, I help around the store, but I also take credit for keeping her fit. She takes me for a few walks a day, and I can get going at a pretty good clip and she has to run to keep up.  

What is your favorite food/snack? A big juicy T-bone. Medium rare. A little A-1 on the side.

What is something you won’t touch with a ten-foot pole? I’m not a big fan of lettuce. Lord knows mom’s tried. She’s always dropping it on the floor for me to Hoover up, but I’ve got a strict “no-green” policy.

Where is your special place for napping? We’ve got a nice king-sized bed at home where I can stretch out. If I time my nap right, I can catch a sunspot in the morning.

What do you do when your humans aren’t home? Mom usually leaves me with a Frosty Paws, so that takes up a few seconds of my lonely time. Then I sit by the door and wait for her to come home.

Do you have a secret vice? (Don’t worry, we won’t tell your humans…) I’ve been known to hop the fence and go visit a special furry friend who lives at the end of my street. The fence around her yard is super tall, so we carry on our secret romance by rubbing noses through the slats.

_____________

JAYNE ORMEROD grew up in a small Ohio town then went on to a small-town Ohio college. Upon earning her degree in accountancy, she became a CIA (that’s not a sexy spy thing, but a Certified Internal Auditor.) She married a naval officer and off they sailed to see the world. After nineteen moves, they, along with their two rescue dogs Tiller and Scout, have settled into a cozy cottage by the Chesapeake Bay. Jayne’s publishing credits include two novels, five novellas, and eight short mysteries, with more coming soon. A complete list can be found on her website, www.JayneOrmerod.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SNEAK PEEK: "Sandy Paws" by Maria Hudgins

  C HAPTER O NE T he beach rental house called the Osprey’s Nest was full of summer guests and should have been full of laughter and music but it wasn’t. It was dead quiet. In fact, it looked a bit like Gettysburg the day after the battle. In the big central living room people lay on the floor, sprawled across sofas, slouched in leather recliners, and slumped over laptop computers with hands hovering over keyboards. Crumpled paper dotted the floor. Glasses of iced tea and bottles of beer sat forgotten on tables. Flip-flops were scattered randomly around the room, but the people weren’t dead. They were writers. They called themselves the Sand Fiddlers Writers Group and this was the week of their annual retreat. Sophie Perone, author of the popular Mysterious Gourmet books, had volunteered to do all the cooking and on this morning, Sophie had arranged her special cheese straws in tall glass tumblers and placed them all around the room so the writers could snack on them while they we