Skip to main content

MUTT TALK: Meet Top Dog Natti from "Paws-itively Scandalous" by Jayne Ormerod


We had a chance to sit and interview the star of star of “Paws-itively Scandalous.” We didn’t get to chat long, though, because this big guy doesn't sit still for long!

Tell us your name, breed, and which story you appear in. My name is Natti, named by my first person who was in a fraternity. His beverage of choice was the inexpensive Natural Light beer, also known as Natti Light. It was a term of affection, I know… I’d hoped when he left me in his mother’s care, I would get a new name. Something strong, like King or Brutus. Weighing in at 120+ pounds, I’m a mutt through and through. My new person, Pilar Pruitt, says I’m a “black Labrador mixed with something big.” We chase killers in the story “Paws-itively Scandalous” by Jayne Ormerod. It’s fun!

Give us four words that describe you and your personality. Big, loyal, food-motivated and snuggly.

What is your job in the story? I take my person to the dog park every day so she can talk to neighbors and pick up on clues. I also have a pretty big role at the end of the story, but I don’t want to spoil that for you.

Tell us about your favorite thing to do. Eat, sleep, play. That pretty much sums up my idea of the perfect day. I don’t mind taking my person for walks, but I’m really not a leash kind of dog. I’d rather run free at the dog park.

What do you always help your human with? I help her with the dirty dishes, but she doesn’t always appreciate my help, especially when she isn’t finished eating yet. “Then why leave a plate of food on the coffee table if you don’t want me to eat it?” I ask you.

What is your favorite food/snack? I will eat pretty much anything. But if you have a bag of Cheese Doodles around, watch out! Yum!

What is something you won’t touch with a ten-foot pole? Not real big on garbage that has been sitting on the road in the hot sun, although my friend Hooch loves that.

Where is your special place for napping? When the sun hits the sofa just right, you can find me belly-up under the ceiling fan, preferably with my head on my person’s lap. Yeah, that’s the best feeling in the world!

What do you do when your humans aren’t home? Sleep, mostly, but occasionally roam around. Sometimes my person leaves the pantry door open and I throw a party for myself. 

Do you have a secret vice? (Don’t worry, we won’t tell your humans…) I chew my nails. Bite them right down to the quick. My person does it too, so I come by it honestly.
_____________

You can read about Natti’s escapades in Jayne Ormerod’s story “Paws-itively Scandalous,” one of four stories included in To Fetch a Scoundrel, Four Fun “Tails” of Scandal and Murder.

See SIDEBAR for links to buy your copy of To Fetch a Scoundrel. 
Click Here to read more about the four stories in To Fetch a Scoundrel.
Click Here to read more about Jayne Ormerod and the other contributing authors in To  Fetch a Scoundrel.


Comments

  1. I had to laugh as I reacquainted myself with Natti. Funny comment about Hooch, also, who would have first choice at roadkill. Readers, pay attention to the open door to the pantry--you'll see that in Jayne's story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MUTT MADNESS featuring "The Fast and the Furriest" by Heather Weidner

“What’s Mutt Madness?” you ask? Why, it’s a party to celebrate the upcoming release of To Fetch a Scoundrel, the 2 nd installment in the Mutt Mysteries series. We know, we know…March 3rd is weeks away! And you want to hear more about these four fun “tails” of scandal and murder NOW ! So, we’ve designed a series of posts over the next week which will share with you a story summary, and also some insight into where the authors found inspiration for these "tall tails."  Today’s feature is…  “THE FAST AND THE FURRIEST” by Heather Weidner Isn’t there enough action under the lights at the Amelia Race Track without the drama of a love triangle? An altercation leads to murder, and owner Cassidy Green and her Rottweiler Oliver have to uncover clues and find the killer before the bad publicity destroys her business. We asked Heather where she found inspiration for this story: Years ago, my dad raced cars. He and my husband love to go to the races, especial